Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Neglect

While our Blog has begun to rot, unfortunately in a way not unlike our campaign as of late, I have discovered that a minor bout of burnout has brought me to "Parts Unknown" (also known as Yahoo Answers). While away I have discovered many things I did not know before, about myself and the world at large. Many of these things I still wish I did not know. However, much hand-wringing and annoying inquiries by my superior/good friend Wethiel has led me back home for good. Or until I again come late in discovering the next internet phenomena that steals me away from my priorities. That is, writing about stuff that most of you already know about. That is to say our own beloved, yet barely living campaign. The same one I hope to resuscitate with a last effort defibrillation once Tonguescum and his friends are either dispatched or dispatch of the insurrectionists currently trying to steal away his recent people-haul from the now destroyed and no longer existing Snoam-Schlabach...

Oh, you didn't know about that? I'm sorry, wait a second while I find someone, other than myself, to blame for that. Is it too late for a "Spoiler Alert"?

In all seriousness, I apologize for the weeks-long absence. I have read the entries made by Erich and have enjoyed them immensely, but could not pry myself away from the joys (read: addiction) of Yahoo Answers long enough to leave a comment. Seems I'm not the only one lacking in contribution however, but I digress.

The point of all this rubbish is to say that I'm back, at least for now and plan to recap our last two sessions in due course. It shouldn't be hard. Not much has happened really, but thy will be done nonetheless.

And if you're at all interested in whats kept me away, look up SuperWank on Yahoo Answers, and take a gander at all the lame answers and lousy advice I've given to the poor suckers who'll listen to me. Oh, and I spend a lot of time trashing religious fundamentalists as well. It's fun...

So, so much fun...

I forgot how much fun in fact... I think I need to go back and check it out. Somebody needs my help... religious fundies need thrashing... Transsexual needs advice on dealing with embarrassed kids... Wife needs advice on how to ditch cheating husband...

Must... Give... Advice... or... Sarcastic.... Opinion....

Don't click the link!!! Don't do it!!! ---> http://answers.yahoo.com/

*click*

Dammit!

8 comments:

  1. Good to see we have our DM back, even for a brief moment! I'm also thrilled to hear that you are not ready to put the campaign on ice just yet. I did see an interesting query on yahoo answers, something about how to get your DM to come back to the gaming table. I think the answer had to do with a remotely controlled shock collar! ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Shock collar... hmm.

    No, not ready to ice the campaign. I'm hoping that things will get better soon. Fall is coming and everyone's schedule should start to clear. If we can't find a common ground somewhere, I don't see much of a future though. As I said during my "rant" a few weeks ago I can't plan a campaign around characters who are indifferent to most things going on around them. Neutrality is best left to NPC's.

    I must've gotten the wrong idea, early on everyone seemed interested. I blame myself for how things have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A turning point then? Is this where we jump off the fence and take on the hero persona or perhaps a darker path? That might be a poll-worthy question...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A turning point? Yes, I hope. But I'm not going to push you guys off the fence. Walk it if you like, its your campaign. I just present the predicaments, you are supposed to decide how (or even if) you're going to solve them.

    I'm attempting to plan a series of events that plays into, at least Cor'Nal's, sense of apathy. Ademar, at least I think, cares about his surroundings but fears attachment due to his betrayal by Cwik and his guilt over the death of Deedra Garnet. This fear was touched on in the "Realization" installment, at least in my interpretation.

    Mike's characters haven't lived long enough to establish a consistent personality yet. But I suspect there was a sweetheart buried deep within Vrock.

    Anyway, the place I'm attempting to steer you toward is probably more suited to those who don't care much about altruism or treachery, and instead just want to live their lives without clear guidelines.

    I would say that your group is less neutral and more self-serving. The problem is and always has been with D&D the subjectivity of alignments (hence why I've never paid particular attention to it or punished pc's, even when I probably should have). Mike and I had a discussion on this and his views and my own contrast starkly. We truly don't agree on a single one of them! Good thing for me that the only interpretation that really matters is the DM's.

    But ultimately, making the choice to turn the other cheek in the face of a great injustice that leads to the death and destruction of innocents isn't neutral.

    Its evil.

    I think that is where the perspective has been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, good points. You're views of Ademar are spot on.

    I can't believe that you and Mike would not agree on anything! (yes sarcasm)

    Does this mean that the orcs are going to start wholesale slaughter of cute fuzzy animals and the burning trees? I've heard druids are kinda sensitive when it comes to bunnies and sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe me, I've been thinking of ways to light a fire under Cor'Nal's elven arse. Maybe some bunnies need to die in a forest fire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to read that your not ready to put the campaign on ice yet. I did make the comment that I was leaning toward the good side of the fence instead of just sitting on the middle but it will all depend on the things that are planned in the future for the 2 elves barbarian and the kid. I don't think that burning of the bunnies and sticks would be a good idea on the part of the Orc's. I really don't think there going to want to see a pissed off Druid going ape shit all over them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ape shit? Literally? I think I read somewhere that they fling their poo, and you can wild-shape yourself... A gorilla in the forest?

    ReplyDelete