Friday, April 9, 2010

Cor'Nals journal

As I sit in my room awaiting the events that are about to unfold I wonder if this is truly the path that Kutenai has in store for me. My path has lead me into the wilds on plenty occasions but more and more time seems to be in the civilized areas. I miss the ground under my back while I lay on the ground to look upon the sky or the smell of the air while the rain is beating down upon me. I grow wearier by the day of these places and wish to stretch my legs and run in the wild once again beside Basali. And poor Basali he has been my faithful companion for some time now and always answered my call no matter what type of threat there was but does he not deserve better? I have not watched him and listen to what it is that he is wanting. Would he like to be set free down south around Goodale where we had met so he might live the remainder of his life in the peace of the forest and possibly find a mate? Or does he truly wish to stay by my side and continue to adventure and fight my enemies? I believe that he will continue to fight with me until the end of his days if I ask him to but I do not wish to keep a most loyal creature such as him from truly living a free life. After we deal with the Baron I am going to head to the forest and watch and listen to Basali to see if he wishes to continue on the path with me or return to the area in which he became my friend.
But what will I do without the one creature that has been with me through so much and put his own life before my own on more than one occasion? Perhaps Kutenai will guide my thoughts to another of his creatures that will wish to become my friend and ally once more. Maybe he will bestow a great blessing upon me and allow me to befriend the great yeti that I had went and seen just a few days past? A creature such as that would be a great honor indeed and to think of the great things that we could achieve if we were together. I will have to pray very hard to the great Kutenai indeed in order to receive a blessing such as that then we might be able to rival even some of the greatest blights that cause nature harm. Whatever the gods decide I will continue to be grateful for and continue on my quest for greatness.

I am unsure of the new companions that myself and Adamar have allowed to join with us. Raell even though he seems to have some sort of connection with the wild seems a better fit for a Kingdom than the forest but he has been there when things were tough. Gareth seems like a noble person that had just received a run of bad luck when we found him. Since then I have spoke with him on several occasions and he seems very trustworthy and good willed. Luether on the other hand I feel is as evil as they come. I have been putting together the deaths that have occurred around the town and now he is in league with the Black Glove XIII who is supposed to be a guild that is trying to help the town but I’m afraid to think that they are just as evil as the rest. I can’t wait to leave this place even though they say that the people are here to make a new start for themselves I really have my doubts.
One question that keeps bothering me is what will Adamar do if we dispose of the baron? Will he continue on with me and allow me to aid him in the search for the person that did him such harm and when we find him will we bring him to answer for his crimes or is Adamar going to be the judging hand for him? I believe that the turmoil for him is great but what does that say for after he has been found and brought to justice? Will he continue to stand by our sides into battle or will he return to the great forest that we hail from? I hope that he continues with us because I think that he will be an even greater asset once his mind is free of this burden.

5 comments:

  1. Proof that the druid is indeed crazy. He still believes in the yetti...


    Great entry, it's good to see some activity here again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I actually wrote it a while back but never got it posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! It is good to see life breathed in here again. I am encouraged by Cor'Nal's words. Ademar should think twice concerning the soundness of the good druid's mind and wisdom in knowing the creatures of the wild though. From the clouds I have glimpsed a wild creature that may very well fit that description, although he is strangely well groomed for one of that mysterious race. I could be mistaken, it was only a glimpse, yet I believe the good druid has all his mental faculties intact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never doubt where Raell belongs. He would rather hang out in the wild but justice must be served.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good Gene. I am very happy to see someone other than Erich posting to the blog and especially so that it is you.

    I think we need more of this sort of thing. Insights into what the powerful druid thinks and feels are important, as during game sessions he is often stoic and at times, unfeeling. Neutrality is a tough road, and just as lonely it seems.

    This is a nice look into the most mysterious, and at times I think, troubled, member of our party.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete