Thursday, November 6, 2008

The End

Turns out that "The End of the Beginning" was the end of the end after all. At least for the time being.

Ademar Nightwalker will no longer be participating in our campaign and at his request we have decided to game in a different campaign. Ademar has stated that he intends to occasionally drop in and visit this blog so hopefully this is not the last that any of us will have heard his story.

Hopefully sometime in the future the story of Ademar, Cor'Nal and Luethar/Patch/Vrock will continue, but for the time being another story, one left in limbo nearly a decade ago will be brought back. (That or we'll be playing in the "Star Wars" universe which will require a second blog.)

It's bittersweet and exciting at the same time. On one hand we're forced to stop playing the campaign we've spent the last year building, yet on the other we also have an opportunity to reacquaint ourselves with the unfinished story of old characters long put to rest. I'm looking forward to it.

Lemonade out of lemons as they say. We may, if things work out right, even have our full compliment of gamers from that time period. Unprecedented for me since I've been playing. Of course this is a longshot that cannot become reality without the discussion of some preconditions, so we'll see where it goes but I remain optimistic.

For those who've read the blog and wish to continue to do so: I hope to continue it but at this time I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. The two PC's remaining from the last group have been unable to utilize the blog and so the point of keeping everyone up to date with recaps is sort of moot.

With all that said I bid ye farewell for the now. I hope to see ye all on the snowy trail again soon...

Regards,

TMBTS

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here, still reading. Willing to continue participation in the blog if allowed.

    Btw, is this post really from November??! How did I miss this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. This post is from November. The reason you missed it is because, in my ever present genius, I apparently failed to post it (though I explicitly remember hitting the "publish" button). I admit, I haven't returned to the blog since I last (or so I thought) posted in November so I never noticed it wasn't "up" as it were. But once I did return I thought it appropriate to at least post the farewell I originally intended.

    I'm glad to see someone is still checking on, and apparently missing, our blog.

    She misses you too.

    Write something you goofy bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was my cheerfully vulgar way of encouraging Ademar to get back on the horse that keeps throwing him.

    Although you sir, are a pretty goofy bastard as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for the chance to finish up some loose ends and maybe even a chance to regain a lost soul or two if the chance might arise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing what Cor'Nal said, I agree that it's getting time to see what befalls our friends in Henutsen.

    Of course we will have to convince Ademar to take a brief respite from the relaxing simplicity of character retirement. As stated before, even if only for a session or two.

    Seems his schedule is only going to get more chaotic, with the new hatchling cracking the shell.

    But even if he finds himself free one weekend every now and then is fine. I'm still focused on the full-time "Star Wars" campaign. So I wouldn't be able to do much more than that anyhow.

    I'm having quite a bit of fun with that. When I work out the kinks of running the game (balancing encounters being the biggest one) I think it'll be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will see what I can do. It won't be for a few weeks though, as the clerics tell us that things are already in motion. The hatchling could be any time from now to a couple weeks from now. Just a waiting game I guess. My work load at school is fairly light this semester so hopefully we can work something out.

    ReplyDelete