Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unanswered Questions

Hello all.

I know its been too long since last I wrote on this humble little blog of ours. Although I am not the sole contributor and therefore not necessarily the only person responsible for the content herein, I apologize. I am the creator of the blog and it is a reflection of a story largely of my own creation and therefore I should have tended it better than I have thus far. I will try to do better, although with little new material (so to speak) from our game currently in hiatus it seems like a daunting task to say the least.

That said, I thought it interesting to try to spark the flame of intrigue with our readers and former players by rehashing some events that happened during the course of the game and perhaps shed light on a few ends left untied, deliberately or otherwise. Some plot points were simply passed over in favor of better ones while others were just forgotten by me.

Here are some examples, see if you can answer some of the questions raised. And please, if you have something in mind that I may have forgotten, please bring it to my attention. I may have an answer for you. Or you may have to find out for yourself...

  • What exactly happened to Fengis? He seemed to disappear from Snoam-Schlabach before your return from Whitehall Camp and Lurz Ghazrach. Was he released into the wild by Piter, the man whom he betrayed or perhaps "rescued" by those loyal to Tonguescum? Did he orchestrate his own daring escape or was he hastily executed and buried in a snowbank?

  • What exactly was the obsession with Anna? Was she merely a pawn after all, or was there a greater mystery wrapped within her enigma. Where did her power come from? If from the gods, which?

  • Speaking of Anna, what of the man who assassinated her in the Pinefore. He was seemingly never seen again. Is he the one who orchestrated the entire disaster that befell both towns, or just another lackey of Briggs McDunough?

  • Who was the bearded stranger from the arrival at Homebound? Was he the one who killed Anna, or was he just a minor character that the DM forgot to include in later plot developments?

  • What the Hell was the deal with the white dragon? Random event, or something more? Was there more than the one that swiped (and ate) the boy? Was it a second dragon that nearly chomped Luethar?

  • What was Lurz Ghazrach before it was an orc camp? A military outpost, in the middle of nowhere? A mercenary camp? Does anybody care?
  • The Hag, who was she and why was she living in exile?

  • Who the Hell was The Stranger?
  • Why was Tonguescum, an extraordinary orc even by orc standards, tucked away in an area clearly beneath his obvious skill set? Why wasn't he leading an orcish gang and plundering more heavily populated villages? Was he waiting for something? Someone?
  • What the Hell is wrong with Loomis?
  • Was Behrogar a good guy before his interaction with The Stranger?
  • Will we ever find out what awaits the adventurers in Henutsen?
  • What was with the MacBrady Family Tomb? Why weren't they burned like everybody else on funeral pyres? What did all the cryptic sayings on the wall mean? What would've happened if the PC's left with all the loot that Patch tried to steal?
  • Why is Cor'Nal so awesome? Why is Mike having so much trouble keeping PC's alive? Why is Ademar so... uh, um. Ah, I got nothin'.
  • After nearly four months of inactivity, will anybody ever read this entry?
  • Who shot J.R.?

  • What happened to Zima? That stuff was awesome! And bring back Crystal Pepsi, dammit!

Ok, got a little sidetracked there but you get the point. Anything I missed? Let me know.


And for those of you who used to play this campaign. I'm getting the itch to return to this setting. Maybe it's time for a reunion session. Or two.

11 comments:

  1. "Will we ever find out what awaits the adventurers in Henutsen?"

    Yes, I dare say we will some day discover what is beyond those high stone walls.
    I have wanted answers to many of these questions but unfortunately, Ademar cares little about most of those things. He is however still very much interested in the fate of Fengis.
    I am still checking the blog every so often although there has been no activity. I have had the itch to finish Ademars' background story and plan to do so in the near future if the DM allows it. If you continue a blog for another campaign I would like to continue as a reader if nothing else. Thanks for posting!

    -Erich

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k. I can't stop pondering some of these questions. (The DM sux btw, for rehashing these things!)
    1-I think Pieter let Fengis go but did not want it to be public.
    2-Anna was just a pawn but she did serve to underscore the superstitions of the people in Snoam-Schlabach.
    3-I do not know where her power came from but it was apparently a threat to someone (The Stranger).
    4-The "man" who assassinated Anna was bigger than Briggs, I think it may have been Tonguescum or perhaps one of his captains.
    5-My hunch is that the bearded stranger was/is The Stranger who seems to be responsible for a lot.
    6-Probably multiple white dragons and I think there is something to that but Ademar values his life too much to find out.
    7-Lurz Ghazrach was the original settlement founded by the MacBrady family but was abandoned when they swore off their past.
    8-The Hag I don't know much about (having not been there) but, if I had to guess she is of the old MacBrady lineage and was exiled to maintain honor among the clan.
    9-See answer to 5.
    10-Even knowing some inside info on Tonguescum, I have no idea what brought him to the area. It does seem that he was content to take bribes from the neighboring communities. Knowing he was feared by them probably brought him great satisfaction.
    11-Loomis is, well, Loomis. I have no answer for this one. Maybe he was dropped on his head too many times as a babe.
    12-I don't think Behrogar was a "good guy" before The Stranger arrived, but I don't think he was a "bad guy" either. He was on the fence which is why he was so easily manipulated.
    13-See previous post.
    14-The MacBrady tomb will remain a mystery. Nobody is willing to give up any information which would help answer questions about it. I think we would still be chased by ghosts if we would have left the tomb with all the items Patch lifted.
    15-A reunion session or two just might be in the cards, some day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15-A reunion session or two just might be in the cards, some day...

    Someday soon, I hope...

    Excellent answers, all. I must say that some are even accurate. More than you might think.

    Also, some answers you gave, though inaccurate, are more interesting than the fiction I myself created.

    I hate you. So, so Goddamn much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cloud had ben a bit quiet as of late, and many a night I pondered the many woven stories. I am glad of the return of Ademar Nightwalker. I will not comment on the questions, as those who watch from the clouds see much that lies hidden from those below.
    I hope Ademar's itch will grow stronger, and I hope the tale to be long in the telling, as I am sure it should be.

    You have all been sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on a little something to get me back on track. I hope not to disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, I speak truthfully when I say that on many occasions our dear friend Wethiel has often poked me with the pointed stick of impatience, wondering aloud when the time will come that Ademar and myself would return to put our tales to parchment.

    I admit that the accumulated scarring has begun to take it's toll. (Though I wonder how long before the pointed stick becomes a glaive.)

    She has tired of answers of "Soon, soon." and "Any day now I'm sure." Luckily for us she has not (yet) threatened to repossess the beloved tilesets she had gifted us so generously.

    I felt it was time, perhaps, to stop procrastinating. Lest we test the patience, and subsequently, the wrath of the goddess.

    "Forgive us, we who are mere mortals Mi'lady, for we know not what we do..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of tilesets, I have a place of druidy-goodness in the works which is almost complete. I think there is much magic in those old stones. It was hoped that Cor'Nal might find it a place of interest and... druidy-goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal Pepsi? Dude...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Crystal Pepsi? Dude..."

    Yes, that was actually a joke. Never liked Crystal Pepsi. Not a big fan of Pepsi in general, though I'll drink any pop that you put in front of me if it's free.

    And Zima, don't really like that either. I'm a beer guy.

    ReplyDelete